Extended Detection and Response (XDR)
Extended detection and response (XDR) collects threat data from separate security tools across an organization’s technology stack, making for easier and faster investigation, threat hunting, and response. An XDR platform can collect security data from endpoints, cloud, email, and more.
How XDR Works
XDR takes all of this enriched threat data to filter and condense it into a single console, enabling security teams to rapidly and efficiently hunt and eliminate security threats across multiple domains:
- Ingest and normalize volumes of data from endpoints, cloud, identity, email, network traffic, virtual containers and more
- Parse and correlate data to automatically detect stealthy threats with advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
- Prioritize threat data by severity so that threat hunters can quickly analyze and triage new events, and automate investigation and response activities
Benefits of XDR Security
XDR coordinates and extends the value of siloed security tools, unifying and streamlining security analysis, investigation and remediation. As a result, XDR provides the following benefits:
- Consolidated threat visibility: XDR offers granular visibility by working across multiple layers, collecting and correlating data from email, endpoints, servers, cloud workloads and networks.
- Hassle-free detections and investigation: XDR weeds out anomalies determined to be insignificant from the alert stream allowing analysts and threat hunters to focus on high-priority threats. With advanced analytics and correlation already part of most XDRs, the tool automatically detects stealthy threats – virtually eliminating the need for security teams to spend time constantly writing, tuning, and managing detection rules.
- End-to-end orchestration and response: XDR uses detailed, cross-domain threat context and telemetry to guide investigation and remediation. Automated alerts and response actions trigger complex, multi-tool workflows for SOC efficiency gains and threat nullification.
Request a FREE Free Demo today!