The business environment has changed dramatically in recent years, with organizations needing to pivot their activities to embrace agile working and virtual teams, and supporting employees to hot desk and work on-the-move.
Business communication has also undergone huge transformation. No longer tied to the analogue landline and fax, businesses and customers can draw upon a vast array of new digital technologies including e-mail, instant messaging, text, video, web chat and social media. In this new environment, as options proliferate, keeping a business running smoothly and staying connected to customers, staff and partners can feel overwhelming.
The solution is Unified Communications (UC), which combines all the ways a business communicates into a single, holistic solution, tightly integrated with other enterprise applications and systems. In essence it is a convergence of IT and telephony, but a state-of-the-art UC solution offers far more, taking a business to the next level through managed collaboration, increased employee productivity and enhanced customer service.
How it works
A key approach in Unified Communication is the integration of traditional voice telecommunications with the Internet. Driven by the wide availability of high-speed broadband, many organizations are switching from legacy voice and private branch exchange (PBX) infrastructure and moving to IP-based solutions such as IP-PX, Voice over IP (VoIP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking.
This is, however, the first stage. Full UC involves tight integration of the full range of multimedia communication technologies from voice telephony, through mobile, to e-mail and social media, all working in harmony with enterprise applications such as CRM, ERP and the cloud. An important feature is to always be able to reach an employee or business partner. This is facilitated through presence (a way of signalling a person’s availability), location technologies and ‘single number reach’ technology which automatically routes to a range of potential mobile, tablet, VoIP and desk-based telephone devices.
Working through a wide range of vendors and partners, activereach is able to offer a full UC consultancy, bespoke design and support service. By careful matching of an organization’s business requirements with the latest in agile business and communications technology, activereach is able to reliably take businesses to the next level.
activereach’s Unified Communications mix of services and support includes:
- Detailed planning, design and implementation of a fully integrated UC solution.
- Development of a single platform for all business-related communications.
- Solutions uniquely tailored to individual business requirements.
- Design and build of multimedia call and customer contact centres.
- Integration of UC with IP-Telephony, VoIP and modern PBX systems.
- Rich media conferencing – combining voice, video and web.
- Fully integrated presence and notification technology.
- Advice on multimedia collaboration technologies.
- Full support for hot-desking, remote working and virtual team working.
- Single number reach and integration with directory, calendar and mobile technologies.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) support.
- Full integration support for cloud-based, enterprise applications and Software as a Service.
- Full operational support, servicing and maintenance.