Raza Rizvi, activereach to talk on DDoS testing case studies
Conference Session: How Do You Know if Your DDoS Mitigation Solution Will Stop a DDoS Attack?
Date: 7th June 2016
Time: 16.00 – 16.25
Venue: Strategy Talks Theatre at Infosecurity Europe 2016
Speaker: Raza Rizvi, Technical Director, activereach
How Do You Know if Your DDoS Mitigation Solution Will Stop a DDoS Attack?
Organisations spend thousands on DDoS protection, but how do you know if it is really going to work? A DDoS test programme is a safe and controlled way of experiencing a live DDoS attack before the actual event – allowing mitigation systems to be tuned and security staff to gain valuable insight. Join us to hear how three leading organisations including a large bank, The British Library and a critical Internet infrastructure provider successfully implemented DDoS testing. In each case, we will walk you through the set-up, the test parameters, testing procedures, results and key lessons learned.
- You will learn about DDoS attacks and the real-world defences being used to defeat them – and whether they work or not.
- You will find out that there’s more to a DDoS test than large amounts of traffic.
- You will learn about pitfalls when planning a DDoS test and how to avoid them.
- You will find out what three leading organisations learnt from the test including expected and unexpected results – and how they benefitted.
- You will take away actionable guidance for your own DDoS attack response plan.
About the Speaker
Raza is Co-founder and Technical Director of activereach, a leading IT networking and security consulting company. Widely respected for his technical expertise, Raza built his reputation working as Technical and Operations Director at REDNET. Raza has also held senior positions in Centrica and The Carphone Warehouse, where he assumed responsibility for Internet service provision and technical data services respectively. In 2002 he was appointed Non-Executive Director of the London Internet Exchange (LINX), the worlds largest Internet Exchange, overseeing and advising on the development of the Exchange’s product portfolio. He served for 10 years, standing down in May 2012.
activereach at Infosecurity Europe
activereach will also be exhibiting on Stand B245 at Infosecurity Europe. Find out more here.