Venue: Live Online Instructor-Led Workshop
Date: Wednesday 18th March 2020
Time: 10.00am – 1.00pm
Automation can make your life as a NetOps professional a whole lot easier, and give you back hours each week for other important tasks. But we know that getting your network automation off the ground to begin with can be a challenge!
As more companies adopt a cloud environment, web-scale principles like efficiency, scalability and intelligent software become increasingly important. Network automation is one of the key components of this model, and in our unique, hands-on Test Drive, we aim to show you how network automation can be more flexible, scalable and easier to integrate than ever.
Who Should Attend?
This Test Drive is geared towards network operators, network engineers & architects, systems engineers, DevOps engineers, network security professionals and anyone interested in elevating their network automation skills!
By the end of the session, you will understand how you can automate the complete operational life cycle of network devices from configuration and provisioning, to policy-based change management.
What Should You Expect?
The content delivered will be educational and technical with a focus on:
- Key automation concepts for NetOps & DevOps
- The change control process & levels of automation
- The automation toolset including Git, Ansible, NetQ, Vagrant & more
- Virtual labs covering Ansible Push Configs, Working With Git, & Ansible With Templates
- Customer case studies covering rapid provisioning, configuration management & application deployment
Test Drive Learnings
The instructor-led virtual labs will cover Ansible Push Configs, Working With Git, & Ansible With Templates. You will learn how to:
- Install and configure Ansible Automation for Networking on a management system
- Use Ansible to run ad hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks for network automation
- Automate specific network administration use cases, including configuration of routers and switches, ports, VLANs, SNMP monitoring, and routing protocols
- Use Ansible playbooks to target devices from various hardware vendors
Requirements For Attendees
Attendees should access to a laptop and have the ability to SSH to a lab environment hosted to the cloud.
CPE ISC2 credits will be available for the session.