Preparing for GDPR Compliance: Technology Must-Haves for IT, Security & Privacy Practitioners
New: Free In-Depth GDPR Webinar
Thu, Oct 12, 2017 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM BST
Focus on the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), hosted by Sarah Williamson, Certified EU GDPR Practitioner, and Data Protection Expert at Boyes Turner.
According to a recent survey conducted by Osterman Research, Inc*. almost 3 out of 4 enterprise IT decision makers don’t feel they meet the compliance requirements of GDPR. However, it’s not too late for businesses to start taking action now to ensure compliance by 25 May 2018.
Key principles such as the Right to Be Forgotten, Data Protection by Design & Default, Data Breach Notification, and Security of Processing make GDPR a game-changer for most IT departments. Data protection needs to be embedded in your organization and can’t be an afterthought.
Join us for a 30-minute practical discussion + 15-minute live Q&A on how choosing the right tools to prepare your business and implementing appropriate technologies will help you overcome the hurdles of GDPR compliance. This GDPR webinar will cover:
- An introduction to the GDPR
- Key GDPR principles impacting security and IT professionals
- The PII threat landscape – are you at risk of data loss/theft?
- Adopting a risk-based approach to technology measures & providing evidence of risk mitigation
- Recommended technology service areas for GDPR compliance
All registrants will also receive a free copy of our guide: Preparing for GDPR Compliance: A Technology Brief for Security & Privacy Practitioners
* Osterman Research, Inc., 2017, White Paper: GDPR Compliance and Its Impact on Security and Data Protection Programs